Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I have a 5 year old miniature poodle (large -15 inches at

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old miniature poodle (large for mini-15 inches at shoulder) and he has a small white bump that looks like a pimple on his lower lip. It seemed to just pop up suddenly. I'm wondering what it could be & what if anything I need to do for him. Thanks! Beth p.s. I noticed it yesterday for the first time.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Beth, can you upload a photo(s) of this bump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a picture with me but can try to get one later today if it's possible to do that as part of this online visit with you. The best way I can describe it is a small white pimple-about the size of a pin head. It doesn't seem to bother him but I'm wondering if I should take him to our vet right away or if I can safely just watch it for a few days. If I'm able to get a photo later is it possible to send it to you w/o paying for an additional visit with you? Thank-you for your help! Beth

You can return to our conversation at your convenience. There's no additional charge to you. I can't imagine that a pin-head sized anything would necessitate a vet visit! White bumps are usually either whiteheads (pustules) or viral papillomas.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Oscar. How is everything going?