Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Sounds like this is something my grandson has. Is it

Customer Question

Sounds like this is something my grandson has. Is it possible that he has caught it from his dog and if so how does the dog catch it and how do we get rid of it
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 months ago.

Are you replying to another expert in another conversation? If so, please return to the original conversation. If not, I need to know what it is that "sounds like this is something my grandson has".

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/09iwh-dog-losing-hair-armpit.html

Thank you. That conversation conjectured that the dog suffered from a yeast infection (Malassezia). This isn't contagious to your grandson. All dogs have yeast on their skin and when yeast infects the skin it is almost always secondary to another disorder of the skin. Poeple can contract fungi (ringworm) and manges from their dogs, however. People immunocompromised by age, disease, or chemotherapy can also contract bacterial infections (pyoderma) of their dog's skin.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Zeke. How is everything going?