Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Our dog seems to be having problems breathing and won't lay

Customer Question

Customer: Our dog seems to be having problems breathing and won't lay down even though she is tired and vet won't be open until tomorrow. Sorry name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is eating and drinking fine...seemed to potty okay. Her abdomen and vagina seem a bit swollen. She seems to be like having hiccups and breathing funny. She is trying to fall asleep sitting up and won't stay laying down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, thank you for your question. Can you give me more information on your situation?

1) Do you have a video to share? You can take one with your phone and upload it to youtube.com or photo bucket.com and share the link back so that we can see what you're seeing.
2) How many breaths per minute is she taking?
3) How old is she?
4) Is she spayed?
5) If not spayed, when was her last heat cycle?
6) If not spayed, was she bred during her last heat cycle?

This additional info will help me to best help you.