Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog will not get in vehicle to go to vet. Vets do not

Customer Question

my dog will not get in vehicle to go to vet for surgery. Vets do not make housecalls
I am in Angola, IN, dog is 15 yrs.,has growth on chest about 1 lb. breaks open with
tons of blood.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

You might have success getting the dog into a crate and then transferring the dog in the crate to the vet office . It would be the safest way to move the dog. IF the dog is not used to a crate feed him in there , push the food to the back of the crate. This means you may have to have the dog in the day before a scheduled surgery so the dogs stomach is empty enough to do surgery.