Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My name is bev and im just wondering how to get the black

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** im just wondering how to get the black thick discharge from my dogs ear flaps. We have fires here and he got out with another neighbors dog and when i found him he was shaking his head all the time and i checked to see if he was ok and found a grass seed in his ear inside. I took it out and cleaned it with epiotic and now i cnat get the think stuff from around the ear flap
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I own a St Bernard male and he's 9 yrs old. As i said we lost him from fires a few days ago and we have just found him. I cant afford to go to the vet atm as we have just moved house
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. Do you happen to have pictures or video of the inside of the ear. I would like to see what you're seeing to determine the best way to proceed.

Thanks in advance.