Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Candy, I have an older dog, about 10, who lately is panting

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Candy, my name is Sue. I have an older dog, about 10, who lately is panting a lot on and off at night. Other than that, she seems fine. When she does it, I try to give her water but she doesn't want it. I would be taking her to the vet, but I am snowed in. Any thoughts on this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is and has been on thyroid medicine for years. Her blood work was recently checked. Other than that, she still wants to take walks, eats, and relieves herself normally.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. MY name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a couple questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

How long ago did she have blood work done?

Does she seem anxious at night or just warm?

And this only happens at night?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a month ago with blood work, she seems relaxed and only happens a couple of times during the night. Not contant.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Has anything changed in the house?

Do you know if they did a thyroid screen during it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when am I getting a reply
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me if they checked her thryroid during the blood screen?