Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 5 year old Lab mix just became completely blind due to

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** ***** My 5 year old Lab mix just became completely blind due to SARDS 5 days ago. He has seen his vet and a specialist. He is otherwise healthy and is starting to map the house but he does not want to eat. I can hand feed him to a small degree but not nearly enough for his size. I don't know if this will pass or want I can do/
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: His bloodwork is normal and he. He seems depressed but he is trying to cope.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. I am so sorry to hear that. What have you tried feeding him? Is he able to go outside to go the bathroom? Do you think he would go for a walk? Is he on any medications? Does he seem depressed or anxious?