Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is 12 a rat terrier she has been hacking like she has

Customer Question

My dog is 12 a rat terrier she has been hacking like she has to throw up all day it seems to be getting worse she still is eating and drinking fluids also seems to be worse when she is laying down.she has also been leaaking fluids from her nipples for the last week Please assist. Thank you kathy
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know if this makes a difference but my Trudie has just finished a deworming treatment she had worms in her stool on 12/25 her stools have been clear for the past week
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 10 months ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.

Is trudie spayed?

If not, when was her last heat cycle?

Any discharge from the vulva?

When was her last vet exam?

When was she last around other dogs?