Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My name is ***** *****, and i'm looking about possible bloat

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****, and i'm looking for guidance about possible bloat in a 13 yr old dog that had prophylactic gastrpexy as a puppy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She's been very restless for 16+ hours. Took her to the vet, and they diagnosed some heart arrhythmia. X-ray showed no heart enlargement and no stomach distention, but a small amount of air in the stomach -- not enough to be dangerous, according to the vet. They did a cardio ultrasound, and I'll have the results tomorrow. Heart showed a couple of odd mis-formations, but they said she isn't in heart failure. Gums look good. Good appetite. They sent me home with some meds to (hopefully) control the arrhythmia. (13 year old standard poodle)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Good evening. Thanks for your question. It looks like the expert you were hoping to speak with is not at this time, so I have stepped in to help you.

Where would you like guidance here? Are you primarily concerned about the air even though she's already had a pexy?