PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Dr, my dog ate part of a firestarter log

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, Andrew. Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, the Expert you reached out to earlier is not available. I have stepped in to offer you assistance since they're not here.

Can you tell me what brand this firestarter log was?

When you say that she's laying on her side, is she resting?

When was this consumed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Duraflame quickstart. She's lying on her side but not asleep
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 40 mins ago

Thanks for the additional info. The duraflame website states that these logs are not toxic, but can cause a GI upset because the fibers are not digestible. You may see some diarrhea or vomiting in the days to follow. Otherwise, there's no toxicity to be concerned about. http://www.duraflame.com/safety-tips/pet-safety

So long as she does not have any concerning symptoms this evening such as vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, etc. you should be safe to monitor at home. If these symptoms do start, at very least have her examined by your vet in the morning or overnight at the ER if you are able.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. If questions remain, please reply and I will help you further.

Good morning, Andrew. Checking in to see how Cinder is feeling today.