Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My name Is ***** ***** Mt rat terrier 19lbs ate a mini heath

Customer Question

Customer: My name Is ***** ***** Mt rat terrier 19lbs ate a mini heath bar is there a danger to his health
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he just ate it. he is 1 yr old
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. There is unlikely to be enough chocolate in a mini Heath bar to hurt him. At most, he may have some mild vomiting or diarrhea, but it shouldn't be past 12 hours. If he is acting normal otherwise, it should be safe to monitor him. I would watch for multiple episodes of vomiting, bloody stool, diarrhea past 24 hours, lack of appetite, increased agitation or aggression, twitching, tremors or seizures. If you notice any of those issues, I would have him evaluated by a vet immediately. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. If you feel like all your questions have been answered, please rate my service. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 10 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. John