Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Something heavy fell on my 5 month old puppy. I took her to

Customer Question

Hello, something heavy fell on my 5 month old puppy. I took her to the vet immediately. She doesn't have any broken bones. But now she won't eat or play like normal, she has a diverged eye as well. She's shivering although she isn't cold. And she's sleeping a lot more than usual. What can I do to help her?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

When did this happen?

Which part of her body did the heavy thing fall on?

Is she on any pain medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happened 2 days ago.She's really tiny so I'm not sure where exactly it fell. I'd assume on her shoulder but I can't be sure.The first day the vet gave her pain medication but the second day he said she doesn't look like she's in pain since she's walking fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She look really sad all the time :(
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

If this were my dog, I'd actually ask the vet to send out some pain meds. The fact that she's looking sad, is shivering and is sleeping more tells me that she is, actually in pain. Those are all signs of pain in dogs.

It's normal for them to not be themselves after an injury like this for a few days...think about when you've had a sprain or big bruise...it takes a few days to feel better...but she definitely sounds like she needs a little more to help her be more comfortable.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi Raghad,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ashta. How is everything going?
Lisa