Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 80lb lab chewed up my boyfriends prescription holder and

Customer Question

My 80lb lab chewed up my boyfriends prescription holder and I'm trying to determine what to do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. What was in the prescription holder? How much of each pill? What is the max of each pill that could have been ingested?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are missing 3 10mg coregs, 3 20mg lisinopril, 1 100mg Invokana, and 1 baby aspirin. Her heart rate 10 minutes ago was 110bpm. We have two labs, but one is the likely culprit while the other just helped with any "clean up"
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Behavior, other than knowing she's in trouble, is normal. Drinking and eating as she normally does. Gums are pink and nose is cold. Unsure of timing of ingestion as we have been gone most of the day. No vomiting

So when was the earliest they could have eaten it? When was it discovered that the pill dispenser was damaged?

I'm going to be honest and say that in a case like this with multiple medications being possibly consumed, I would like you to call the ASPCA animal poison control center. Here is there link.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control

They have veterinarians that deal day in and day out with situations like this. They have an extensive database that can look at the various medications and if they will have interactions / toxicities based on the exposure. They are going to be the ultimate answer source here. They can give the best recommendation as what is needed as the next step.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We left a little after 9 this morning and didn't return until a little after 4. We discovered it as soon as we returned. Almost all other pills were found...and evidence of dried slobber suggests it has been a bit of time