Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a puppy that I think has parvo. he has no bowel

Customer Question

Customer: I have a puppy that I think has parvo. he has no bowel movements just mucous blood. I am giving him pedialyte and got some colloidal silver. I know it is serious but what is the fstrain of parvo and how bad is it. my nme is vicki my puppy is twitch and he is around 30 months and weighs or should weigh 15 to 20 lbs. he has lost considerable weight in the last 2 days.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He has been sick for a couple of days. then all of a sudden today a couple of hours ago he got up and was drinking a lot of water. he then rhrew it up around 1 hour later.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, but how long would I have to wait do you have any idea.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in canine health.

Is the puppy Vomiting?

What type of diet is the Puppy on?

Could he of eaten a non food item?

Is he lethargic?

Joan