Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog was running around in the grass before we planned on

Customer Question

Customer: my dog was running around in the grass before we planned on getting his last shots. but he got very unbalanced and started salviating, almost as if he was drunk or everything was spinning. Now he is just laying down sick, i thought he would be able to ssleep it off. can you help me?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: nope thats everything hes 4 months
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he was still running somewhat when i noticed his dizziness, now hes lethargic sleeping it off. but is it possible that he was playing and running too much and became overheated/overstimulated? i dont know if its possible to become overheated in the cold weather.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Heat prostration is very unlikely in cold weather. I'm concerned that might have suffered a seizure or perhaps became hypoglycemic. What breed is your dog, please? Has he normalized at this time? Had he been eating well? Was there any possibility of his ingesting a prescription or recreational drug? Was he treated with a wormer or other medicine?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?