Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He didn't eat day and a half. also diarrhea--very loose

Customer Question

Customer: He didn't eat for a day and a half. also diarrhea--very loose stool. a lot of vomit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. left front leg. that doesn't seem to be bothering him
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

You said that he "didn't eat for a day and a half." Does that mean that he is eating now?

How often is he vomiting?

Any blood in his stool?

What color are his gums?

If you press into his abdomen from both sides, is he painful or uncomfortable?