Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog does not want me to touch her along her back ps. It

Customer Question

My dog does not want me to touch her along her back hips. It seems to hurt her. In the las day or so she has even started a hopping or jumping of sorts when she is in a sitting position. She yelps when this happens so I am concerned. She will be turning a year old the end of this month and I am concerned.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your puppy is in pain. What breed is she? How much does she weigh?

Is she having any difficulty getting up and down? Any fever? Have you given her any pain medications? Is she spayed? Vaccines?

Please let me know the answers to these questions so that I can help you and her this evening.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

How is your puppy this evening? Does she still seem to be in pain? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. A