Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 35 lb. puppy age a multi vitamin containing 18 mg of

Customer Question

My 35 lb. puppy age a multi vitamin containing 18 mg of iron, 1000 IU of vitamin D, 2500 IU of vitamin A, an iron supplement 45 mg, and a 500 mg tablet of vitamin c. Is this toxic?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. You shouldn't have to worry about anything here. Besides vitamin C, all of those ingredients can be toxic, but they are usually only a problem with massive overdoses or chronic dosing of high amounts. A single multivitamin shouldn't cause an issue with an otherwise healthy puppy. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.