Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Jenn, it is regarding how my dogs behavior has changed

Customer Question

Customer: Jenn, it is regarding how my dogs behavior has changed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I switched his dog food about a month ago, he now is now not sleeping well, has become a lot more clingy (like something might be wrong) when he lays down he just doesn't look comfortable.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
he was put on 50 mg of tramadol 3 times a day just recently, vet thinks it might be arthritis. He is starting to act more strange. He lays around but won't sleep, lays on me which he never does, picks at his food (used to eat 1 cup a day.)
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like tohelp you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before.Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read aboutyour situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aidyou sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Have you noticed any change in his stools?

Any increased gut noise or gas?

Does he ever seem tender in his belly?

Are those additional signs you noted, since the Tramadol was started?

How much does he weigh? Have you tried bringing him down to twice daily dosing of Tramadol?