Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a pup pure breed German shepered around 12 weeks old

Customer Question

Hey I have a pup pure breed German shepered around 12 weeks old now and her bark has gone very weird sort of sounds like she's choking but she's still eating and drinking find any advise or tips
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bella. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

It is a good sign she is eating and drinking. Does she choke at all when she eats? How long has her bark been different?

Any vomiting at all?

This is an Info Request, to help me answer your question. Since I can't see and examine her, the more information I have the more I can help. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she doesn't seem to choke at all eating and drinking but at times from what it looks like she coughs in a way like she's trying to get somthing out no vomiting and it's only been like this today yesturday I had her with a friends older dog and she did do a lot of barking
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

She may just have an irritated throat. If I could, I would examine her and check her tonsils, mouth and throat. Sometimes we find something stuck under a tonsil that makes a dog make choking sounds, and affect the sound of the barking.

Since she is eating well, this may not be serious. I would continue to be sure is normally active, eating and drinking. If this choking gets worse, having a good examination of her throat, feeling her lymph nodes, listening to her chest with a stethoscope, is where I would start.

Can you take her temperature at home? Normal is between 101 and 102.

Let me know what else I can help with or answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have nothing to test her temp but I'll be sure it'll be the first thing I do in the morning
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what it is, when you can check her temperature, and how she is doing. I will be happy to help with any other questions you have about her.

Kindly consider rating my answer, so the website can credit me. You can still get back to me with questions and updates after rating.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Bella doing?