Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

I have a 1 year old chiwawa and she ate about .8 oz of

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1 year old chiwawa and she ate about .8 oz of white cholate and almond about 30 hours ago she has diarrhea but seems fine other than that do you think she is ok thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is about it she seems fine there may have been 3 almonds in the chocolate it was call almond bark and was about .8 oz in weight
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long do you think
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

The good news is that if this was just white chocolate and not dark chocolate or milk chocolate, she should be just fine. Now almonds can cause problems due to the high fat content and that is probably why she is having diarrhea. As long as she is eating and drinking normally, the most I might do is add a little canned pumpkin (not pie filling) to her food to firm up the stool.

There is also an interactive chart on types of chocolate and amount that must be consumed of each available here:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/10/pets/chocolate-chart-interactive

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer so I am compensated for my time.

If you have questions in the future that you wish me to answer, you may click here and bookmark the page or make it a favorite. It is best to put my name "JANE" in the question as well.

Since there have been recalls on certain foods, please check the following site to be sure the food your animals eat is not affected. If it is affected, contact your vet as soon as possible. Have your dog seen if they have any symptoms.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/RecallsWithdrawals/

Edited to find out how your girl is doing.