Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have 3 pugs and all of them have cough. They are taking

Customer Question

Hi, I have 3 pugs and all of them have cough. They are taking antibiotics but still coughing. Can I give them Robotasin and if yes how much. each one about 28lb. Thanks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee ones today.

Yes, you can but only Robitussin DM not any of their other cough syrups.

If you use this, they can have a dose of 1 milligram per pound of body weight (28mg for a 28lb dog) every 8 hours. Of course, do make sure to only use this one and avoid any with pet toxic cold medications like acetaminophen, paracetamol, ibuprofen caffeine, alcohol, or pseudoephedrine. And just to note, in case you are struggling to obtain this one in particular, you can use non-medicated honey/glycerine could syrup or even given plain honey as needed to soothe their throats.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

** Please remember to rate my service when you are satisfied as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)