Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My frenchie will be 2 in January. Last week we took her to

Customer Question

My frenchie will be 2 in January. Last week we took her to petco and a few days later she began pacing the house, not wanting to play with her toys. Just wanting to be near me or my husband. Preferably touching us. She gets lost in the yard while she is doing her duties and starts having a panic attack. I took her to a vet and they looked in her ears and checked her eyes and everything checked out ok. I am sooo upset. I have no idea what to do!!!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Hope. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

What did you take her to Petco for? Was she groomed, or there for a class? Or just walking around while you shopped?

If her ears and eyes and everything checked out OK, why the Tri-Otic and antibiotics (Baytril)?

The first thing is to figure out if this is a physical problem or a behavior problem. It sounds to me that she is painful somewhere. Pacing, not playing, wanting to be near you, can all be signs of pain in dogs. Is she going up and down stairs normally, or getting up onto the bed or furniture without difficulty?

Is she eating and drinking normally?

Sorry for all the questions! But since I can't see and examine her, the more information I have the more help I can give. I hope I hear from you soon.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

How is Hope doing?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my answer! Please let me know if this was helpful, or if I can answer anything else.