Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My four year old dog mixed German Shepherd ate the head of a

Customer Question

My four year old dog mixed German Shepherd ate the head of a rabbit she captured. I rescued my dog three years ago from a shelter. Her owners never gave her or her siblings human contact. All the dogs had to hunt for their food.
We have been feeding her dog food since we had her. Since she ate the rabbit yesterday she won't eat her regular food. It's only been a day but I am proactive.
What of deworming medicine do I need to purchase for her?
Is there anything I need to look out for over the next few weeks?
I have two other large dogs, should I keep her separated from them.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this. So, your dog will not have parasites yet...it is too early. But what you need to get is Drontal for dogs. That will take care of any parasites you might have to worry about. I would recommend that you deworm in 3 weeks and then again in 3 more weeks. That should do it....as far as your dog's appetite that should come back within a few days. I hope this helps you. But let me know if you need any further help as I check my computer each night. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I will be back online tomorrow night in case you need further help. Sincerely, DRB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great service. Prompt and accurate response. Definitely will use again in the future.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so very much.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much. Sincerely, DRB