Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Dog ate 1/2 a block of cat mouse poison

Customer Question

Dog ate 1/2 a block of Tom cat mouse poison
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 11 months ago.

Hello Ben,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Ben

I have worked out an answer for you ...

1. One of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the rodent poison that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things should be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

2. However if you fail to induce vomiting or if you are not sure you have retrieved the half block by inducing vomiting then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay as there is a good antidote available for some forms of rodent poison and other measures your vet may be able to take. But time could be of the essence ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Ben,

I am just checking back in to see how Stella is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Tom Cat rodent poison ...

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Stella. How is everything going?