PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog is swallowing constantly and is very gassy. It has no

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is ***** ***** is swallowing constantly and is very gassy. It has no smell. She is occasionally acting as if something is in her throat. I havelost adog to bloat before. I am not sure if this is that.I gave her a Gas X chewable about 15 minutes ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has never done this before. I tried giving her bologny and pizza crust to dislodge anything in her throat. She ate it of corse. Shes okay and then bam it starts all up again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jayne, I'm going to give you a quick link to a video on bloat. I am concerned, as you are, about the risk of this when you mention the amount of gas and the fact that she's swallowing. One second here while I pull the link up.

Beginning stages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-nxfOAd8iM

More advanced stages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1WrT2719yo

If you are seeing similar postures and symptoms, I would err on the side of caution and go promptly to the closest vet in your area. This is not a situation that will wait for morning and is considered a medical emergency.

If you are not sure where to go, please reply with your zipcode and I'll find a clinic that can see you this evening.

Good morning, Jayne. I'm checking in to see how things went last night. Hopefully only going things to report. Is there any further help I can offer you? Any questions that are unanswered?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please do not charge my card anymore. You're response was typical. Go to ER I know that. The problem is that by the time i get a response from this site. Its too late. I am not happy with this response. I gave her GAS X and she was fine. I know you meant well but, you guys should be a lot faster. The tricky additional monies I don't appreciate either. I never meant to pay additional monies for a response again before i even got the 1st one. Thanks but no thanks. Disappointed to say the least. PLEASE LOSE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!! AND REFUND ME THANKS