Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My dog got nuetured and now s sick he stands and stares like

Customer Question

My dog got nuetured and now his sick he stands and stares like if he's in a lot of pain lower chest or stomached end were his ribs I touched him there and he yelped it hurt him what's wrong should I take him to the hospital
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Shadow is not feeling well this evening. Based on your description of how he feels, I would strongly consider taking him into the animal emergency room this evening. At a minimum, they can prescribe pain medication for him.

I think it is very strange that a dog would be acting painful in the ribs area after a neuter. If a dog is going to have pain after his neuter, the most common place would be in the scrotum or in the groin area.

Is he having any vomiting or diarrhea? Is he still eating okay? Any labored breathing or coughing?

Do you have any more questions? Does this help?

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He now is lying down and we're trying to make him comfortable as we can the vet said take him in the morning.is that wise or should I rush him now to the hospital is any suggestion to make him comfortable or ease his pain.due to no vehicle it would be hard to take him tonite

Good morning. How was your pup's night? Is he still painful or is he feeling better?

Good luck at your vet today, I will be back on-line again late this evening and will check in to see how it went.

Dr. A

I'm just following up on our conversation about Shadow. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar

How is your pup this evening? Did you take him to the vet? What was the cause of his pain? Do you have any more questions for me?

Dr. A