Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello Araceli, and thanks for writing in.
How long ago did your boy eat the kisses?
Also, do you know about how much your dog weighs?
Ok, thank you for that information.
I would recommend trying to get him to vomit by giving him 1/2 teaspoon of regular 3% hydrogen peroxide in the back of his mouth. If there is no vomit within 10 minutes, you can repeat the amount of peroxide once. This will help bring out a lot of the chocolate, and likely the wrapper also...
If you don't have hydrogen peroxide, you can try giving 1/2 teaspoon of regular table mustard to him, as this may also cause vomiting (but, the peroxide works best).
The amount of milk chocolate that he ate may cause vomiting, diarrhea, or hyperactivity/restlessness. It's overall a small amount of milk chocolate, even for his small size. Getting him to vomit would just help prevent possible side effects of the chocolate ingestion.
Even if you are not able to get him to vomit anything up, I would recommend observing him over the next 12-24 hours for the symptoms I mentioned above, and get him examined by a veterinarian if the symptoms persist for more than one hour. If no symptoms show up after 24 hours, he should be fine.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
You're very welcome - glad to be here to help out!