Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My puppy whose 11 months and he just threw up twice. He

Customer Question

My puppy whose 11 months and he just threw up twice. He wasn't eating regularly last night. He didn't have his dinner and today it was hard to get him to eat lunch and dinner. He also just grew up twice and his stomach was making weird noises. I'm concerned.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doctor Jeff replied 12 months ago.

In many cases, these situations are simply a upset stomach. They could occur because of stress, eating something improper, or a virus. It can be tough to tell at this stage which one is the issues, so starting with addressing the symptoms can be a useful place to start. A 1/4 tablet of pepcid AC can reduce stomach acid production. This can help with the vomiting and abdominal noises. It may also help with the appetite. You can also use a 50/50 mix of pedialyte and water to support nutrition and hydration. If these tricks are not helping in the next 12-24 hours, then a vet visit is recommended. Certainly, any worsening of his overall condition is reason to seek out more immediate veterinary attention. I hope this helps and gives you direction.

Thanks

Dr. Jeff