Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
Yes, raisin and grapes are bad for dogs. Dogs that have consumed large quantities of grapes have developed kidney failure. Here is a link to a site, which talks about this.
The ASPCA study showed that as little as .15-.32 ounces per pound could have a toxic response. You can read more on this here:
Treatment is frequently I.V. fluids at 1 ½ times the maintenance amount and monitoring the kidney values for a few days. If your dog has not had any symptoms such as vomiting, excessive thirst and urination, diarrhea, then he may NOT have ingested a toxic amount. If he was my dog and this age, I'd go ahead and have bloodwork run on him to ensure he does not have any organ dysfunction since at 7 he would be considered elderly.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer so I am compensated for my time.