Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My son's dog is on thyroid medicine couple years and just

Customer Question

My son's dog is on thyroid medicine for a couple years and just recently he started losing his hair in clumps around his hind legs. Should we be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. The pups thyroid medication may need to be adjusted at this time. Hair loss is an indication that the thyroid is not working correctly. However given the dogs age you may also want to get a senior checkup. As dogs age they are more open to diseases. Your vet will want to try changing the dosing and see if that helps before doing any further testing/