Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog eat an antidepressant
, he eat one pill of

Customer Question

Customer: my dog eat an antidepressant
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he eat one pill of citalopram or celexa at 7 am in the mornoning right now is 11:15 pm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How much does your dog weigh ( In pounds)?

2. Is your dog showing any adverse symptoms of any sort at present?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
1- french buldog 29 pounds
2- not really, just a bit slow, but looked fine during the day. We just find out 30 minutes ago that he got it by accident in the morning.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
if you want to Skype we could, it is really up to you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
are you there

Just typing out your answer now ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no i rather get the answer this way

Hello again

No problem, we can more than likely handle this just by typing back and forth, I have worked out an answer for you below. However if you want a Skype call or a regular phone call then please let me know ..

1. Good news, given the weight of your dog, the nature of these drugs and the time elapsed I would very much doubt if you have any sort of serious problem on your hands. In my experience your dog will perhaps experience some mild lethargy for a few more hours but will then gradually return to normal.

2. There are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on your dog, of course if any odd symptoms other than mild lethargy should occur you should then have him checked over by a vet without delay, but this would be quite unlikely ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you so much! We are seeking better but still planning on taking him to see his vet tomorrow morning.

Hello again,

Of course it would always be wise to have your vet check things over in person, but these sorts of drugs would rarely cause any great harm to a dog of your one's size so you may well find that your dog is 100% normal tomorrow.

But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the accidental drug ingestion

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.