Hi Clark, I'm so sorry to hear that Puma isn't doing well. If she's having difficulty breathing, please take her immediately to an emergency room. If she's not, I have some additional questions below to help determine what might be going on:
1) Where in the USA are you located (state is fine)?
2) Is Puma an inside only dog or does she stay outside as well?
3) Is she given monthly heartworm prevention year round? If so, what variety is used?
4) Has Puma been boarded or groomed anywhere within the last month?
5) Any recent visits to the dog park or play dates with other dogs?
6) How long has this been happening?
7) How often does it happen?
8) Do you have video of this occurrence you can share?
I will be able to best help you with this additional info. Thank you!