Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I'm so frustrated with my French bulldogs issues. he has ves

Customer Question

I'm so frustrated with my French bulldogs issues. he has hives and on and off diareah. he has non stop yeast on paws and ears
weve done organic dog food...didn't work. now he has been placed on antibiotics for the skin, special shampoos for the flaky skin, yeast meds for the ears as well as an 85 dollar bag of hypoallergenic dogfood for a possible protein allergy. after 2 weeks he has hives agin, flaky nasty skin al over the floor. browm iquid he slings out of his ears all over my walls, and runny stool. he smells of urine even after a bath so strongly thatit smells your directly sniffing a pee pad but theres no pee. its his skin. idk what else to do. he stayed w my mom in law for a few weeks and had no hives and ate dog food. he did still have yeasty ears and loose stool. my husband is fed up. we have spent soooo much but nothing is helping.
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Abe today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Has Abe been skin tested for environmental allergic triggers?

Has he had anti-fungal medication to treat his feet?

Has the diarrhea been treated with any medications besides the change in diet?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.