Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 11 yr old irish terrier mix seems to be anxious and

Customer Question

Customer: my 11 yr old irish terrier mix seems to be anxious and panting. She goe to the paper trash and knocks it over. eating and drinking normally otherwise. Melatonin works to calm her down, but I wonder if she needs to go to the vet?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just that she pants and seems anxious as she acts whej a thunderstorm is approaching.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Does she only act anxious when there's a storm coming?

Do other loud noises startle her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she is acing that way almost every day, usually in the afternoon and evening. She is not startled otherwise, but we do live in a relative quiet place. She does not respond when one of the neighbors rides his Harley by.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Does it seem to be later afternoon that it starts?

Does she eventually settle down in the evening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have wasted my money on this site. No response to assist me and only an offer to spend more money. I would prefer a refund since I have not gotten an answer