Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Faun boxer about 6 yrs old. Question: right eye nictatting

Customer Question

Faun boxer about 6 yrs old. Question: right eye nictatting membrane is black. Noticed this recently and other eye not pigmented. Is this a normal variant or should we worry?
No symptoms that we can see.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 12 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you with this. This is a question I get alot. So here is the answer: if there is no mass that you can see and it is just a difference in color then it is a normal variation. Also if you know that it has been there for while then that confirms the same. But around the eye you have to be very careful. Here's why: melanomas like to grow in and around the eye but a melanoma in the third eyelid would appear as a mass. In other words it would have some substance to it. If it is simply a color difference and there is no mass at all (and you are sure of that) then it is likely just a pigment difference. Hope this helps. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Excellent answer.
Expert:  Dr B replied 12 months ago.

Thank you so very much. I appreciate that very much. Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 11 months ago.
Hi Doak,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Jaye. How is everything going?
Dr B