How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa Your Own Question
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 16344
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Lisa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

80 pound rot ate one 750 lyrica. 7 mo old. ??

Customer Question

80 pound rot ate one 750 lyrica. 7 mo old. ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.

How long ago did he eat it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30 min
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

The first thing we need to do is to get your pup to vomit up the pill he ate. The way to make that happen is pretty easy and instructions can be found here:
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx

If you're unable to get him to vomit, you should monitor him for signs of a toxic ingestion. You're going to want to watch for things like increased heart rate, panting, whining, pacing, problems with coordination and any other unusual behavior for him.

If you see any of those, you should have him seen by an emergency vet as soon as possible. If you're not sure where one is in your area, you can go to: http://www.vetlocator.com and plug in your zip code. They'll point you in the direction of the one nearest to you.

All that being said, it is suggested that a Lyrica ingestion...even at high doses, seems to be less dangerous in dogs as it is in humans, and I was actually unable to find any reported deaths from this kind of accidental overdose.

I hope this helps.