Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My dog just ate about half of a 500mg glumetza pill.

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel question
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

The good news is that Glumetza (also called Metformin) doesn't work to lower the blood sugar in dogs like it does in humans. Most times we can see some vomiting or diarrhea and possibly some lethargy, but it's not very common.

If this were my dog, I'd keep an eye on her for tonight. If you see any unusual behaviors or if she starts vomiting or having diarrhea, then you should have her seen by an emergency vet tonight.

If you're not sure where one might be near you, you can go to: http://www.vetlocator.com and plug in your zip code. They'll point you in the direction of the one nearest to you, but I'm confident that your girl will be just fine.

I hope this helps.