Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I have been looking at standard poodle puppies and met the

Customer Question

I have been looking at standard poodle puppies and met the one I was supposed to take home in another 4 weeks (the only black male in the litter, which was my preferred color and gender), but when I met him, he seemed withdrawn compared to his 8 siblings. He just sort of sat back and watched. My last dog was so joyous and playful. I am nervous about committing to one so quiet and watchful. But maybe that is a good thing? I admit I like having a chance to choose,and with only one male, there was no choice, so it makes it more difficult. Am I creating an issue where none exists?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.

In a short answer...yes, you're making a problem where there isn't one at this point.

It's hard to judge his true personality based on those two things, because you're not sure what might have been going on right before the video was filmed, or before you got there to meet him. It's possible he was running around like a mad man before that.

All that being said...it is possible that he's just a more laid back kind of dog. As a rule, a dog's personality does tend to change as they grow, so even though he's calmer now, doesn't mean that he'll always be like that.

If this were me...I'd take this pup. I honestly don't think there's going to be any issue with his personality.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Lisa