Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Have a seven yr old female rottweiller..came in from outside

Customer Question

have a seven yr old female rottweiller..came in from outside and is stiff shaking and lethargic..took for a brief walk and di d not swant to walk..pooped once then more poop...green and runny
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

How long has she been ill?

Has she had any new foods or treats?

Is she spayed?

Could she have gotten into anything unsuual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since around 11am this morn...she had chicken last night and was fine..ate this morning fine..came in from outside about hour after breakfast and was trembleing and walking stiff..she is spayed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
our yard is fenced in
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Could she have gotten into anything unusual outside?

Does she have a head tilt at all?

How was the chic***** *****ed that she got?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
broiled chicken....her neck seems stiff and she wants to put her head down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very lethargic
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

Because this came on so suddenly and because she's a middle aged dog, I am a bit concerned about what could be going on with her. The extreme lethargy is what truly makes me worry, because it could be something simple like being tired from the diarrhea, but it's also possible there could be something more going on.

IF this were me, I would have her seen by an emergency vet tonight. If you're not sure where one is, you can go to: http://www.vetlocator.com and plug in your zip code. They'll, point you in the direction of the one nearest to you.

If there's no emergency vet in your area, then you can have her seen by your own vet tomorrow morning, but since this came on so suddenly, I suspect you'll feel better if you have her seen to day rather than waiting.

I hope this helps.