Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

MY MINIATURE POODLE 6YRS OLD HAD HER DINNER LAST NIGHT NO

Customer Question

HI MY MINIATURE POODLE 6YRS OLD HAD HER DINNER LAST NIGHT NO PROBLEM THIS MORNING SHE HAS BROUGHT UP FOOD,BILE,AND FROTHY FLEM STUFF
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years and am trained in pet first aid for aiding animals in disasters. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Prior to this there was no vomiting diarrhea or feeling out of sorts, such as lethargic?

Has there been a change in the food?

Is your pup known to eat anything is should not such as non food items?

Is your pup given raw hides, bones, greenies etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change in food nothing aparant before this morning, never allowed bones, no diarrhea, fine in all aspects before this,now she is looking very sorry for herself,keeps bringing up bile and bubbly flem i gave her two mall charcole biscuits,they came up.she is not a dog that picks up stuff and eats it ,i don't allow rawhide for obvious reasons, (they can choke) she is only given her james wellbeloved fish and rice dry food no human food this is why i'm stumpped
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. sometime dogs can pick up viruses will subside over 24 to 48 hours.

Because the dog has not gotten into anything and is eating no dangerous non food items, the what I would do is monitor her.

I would fast her for 24 hours to give her intestinal tract time to become less inflammed from the vomiting and then start a bland diet of boiled chicken (no skin, no fat, no grease) and cooked white rice. Then gradually start adding in her normal dog food.

When dogs get gastroenteritis the belly and intestines become inflamed from the vomiting. This will give them time to settle

.

In the mean time though since she is bringing up bile you can give her a pepcid AC to help coat the stomach.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.