Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My little dog is pregnant. I had her ultrasound two days

Customer Question

My little dog is pregnant. I had her ultrasound two days ago. Three sacks seen. Three empty. But there are little movements in her tummy. She is nesting. Went off of her food for a few days but has eaten today a fair bit. She is still bloated. She is due for spay next week. What do you think is happening.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

IT may be that Daisy does not have fetuses or they have been reabsorbed form her body. Even with this, there will still be normal signs of nesting and the movements you see could be natural hormonal issues with the sacks that are seen. It also may be that it is too early to see the fetuses although the nesting behavior would indicate that she would be close to delivery. It sonds like spay is the best thing for your sweet Daisy and then your vet will know for sure.

Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 12 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Daisy. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta