Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog doesnt feel well. He is liking (moving the tonge in s

Customer Question

Customer: my dog doesnt feel well. He is liking (moving the tonge in his mouth ) he seems not to be able to lay down comfortably. As son as he lays down he gets back up and trys again. He is breathing hard. The only thing I can think of is that today he ate a big loaf of wheat bread. His tail is down. He is stlll begging for treats
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no throw up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: k
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing,tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?