Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have a nine yr old bishon, the poor little fella is

Customer Question

I have a nine yr old bishon, the poor little fella is straining to have a bowel movement and he cant. There a little bit of blood from trying to go. He did manage to got yesterday
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

hello and thank you for using this site to help you. It is possible constipation is the cause and for that you can add some pure canned pumpkin to the daily diet at it acts like a fiber. I would say start with one teaspoon in the AM and one in the PM. You can also give Metamuciland I will put a link below for instructions.

Of course if there are any other symptoms such as vomiting, or lack of appetite you should see your Vet.

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/psyllium-metamucil--etc

Metamucil

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a million. I will do that and see what happens. Kind regards, judy
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. I hope this has been helpful to you and your experience here was a pleasant one. Please don't forget to rate the service before you leave so the company compensates me for my time