Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I have a 19 month female lab. I think she ate some

Customer Question

I have a 19 month female lab. I think she ate some industrial paper towels yesterday. She is moapping around with her tail between her legs. Tries to do her business but just strains. Only some really small hard poop came out.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that your sweet Raegan may have a partial obstruction due to the towels and this is causing her to be constipated and uncomfortable. The best thing to do for now is to give Raegan 2 tablespoons of mineral or vegetable oil every 4 hrs This will help what may be blocking this area to slide through. I would also recommend aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs to help decreas her pain. If she does not respond within a day, take her to your vet since this could become a life threatening intestinal blockage that will have to be treated.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****