Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Our 10 year old terrier mix 70 lbs generally is scratching

Customer Question

Our 10 year old terrier mix 70 lbs generally is scratching at the back door to get in. This morning he is laying on the patio and won't budge to get up. No crying and he is wagging his tail when I love him. I am scared he has lost strength in his back legs, this is totally unlike him.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he trying to get up? If not, can you please try to get him up and see if he is able to support his weight or walk?

2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.