Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog has a pin size bump on the bridge of s nose. It has

Customer Question

My dog has a pin size bump on the bridge of his nose. It has been there for over a year. He had his teeth cleaned two weeks ago and during that process he had to have 5 teeth removed. The bump feels like it got a little larger after his cleaning and teeth extractions. It's still the size of a little larger pin head. Should I be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B.

I do apologize my colleagues could not aid you sooner. Though I did want to let you know that if its only slightly bigger, it may just be irritated or inflamed. Sometimes the breathing tube used when the are under anesthesia is secured by using a loose tie over the bridge of the nose. And if the lump is located there it may have been caught or rubbed. So for the moment, do keep this clean +/- apply a bit of OTC hydrocortisone cream to the lump while monitoring. If it settles, we're happy. Though if it gets any bigger, then we'd want to have this checked to ensure its not something we'd need to have removed before it gets too big.

All the best,

Dr. B