Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hi Paulette, I'm so sorry to hear that Wrigley consumed these. I am not seeing an ingredient panel online for the mints. Can you send a picture of the ingredient panel on the package? I'll standby so I can issue a quick answer once I hear back from you.
Thank you for the additional info. I'll have an answer to you just as soon as I can get it typed out.
Even if Wrigley had eaten 8oz of milk chocolate, we could expect the toxicity level to be mild. Therefore the level of toxicity we should expect would be low. Most of the other ingredients won't harm her in the same way chocolate would, but can certainly cause a GI upset.
I would recommend inducing vomiting in an area where she cannot consume what she produces. You'll want to give 2-3 tablespoons of fresh hydrogen peroxide every 30 minutes until she vomits. Do not dose more than 4 times. Once she vomits, ensure the amount is cleaned up and properly disposed where she cannot reach it.You should expect to see some mild symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea. If her stools become bloody, have her seen by your vet promptly. Additionally, if you see panting, shaking, seizures, overactivity, etc. you have reason to be concerned and should also see your vet.If my response has helped you, kindly take the time to positively rate my assistance. If you have questions that remain, reply and I will assist you further. You will still be able to reach me after a rating has been issued. Best of luck with Wrigley!
If this was 6 hours ago, you wont need to make her vomit. Just keep an eye on her and contact your vet if any concerns arise.