Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

My dog bit into a tube of icy hot, she did make a hole in it

Customer Question

My dog bit into a tube of icy hot, she did make a hole in it and dropped it .. Concerned about her investing some.
She a large 103 lb french mastiff
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that Stella has you worried. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.

This product does contain salicylates which can cause gastric ulcers if a large amount has been ingested, however that does not seem to be the case with Stella.

If she only got a small amount in her mouth when puncturing the tube she should be just fine. She could possibly experience some digestive upset but that would be highly unlikely in a dog her size. Size is on her side in this case.

I would just keep an eye on her but I suspect she will be just fine. If she has any loss of appetite, vomiting that seems excessive or contains blood or blood in the stool then I would have her seen but again I think she will be fine.

I hope this helps to ease our mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few moments to provide a rating so I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.

Candy