Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Our 6 yr old female Rottweiler started to yelp when she

Customer Question

Our 6 yr old female Rottweiler started to yelp when she barks. I was just looking to see what could cause it before taking her into the vet. Thank you
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not really happy finding out after payment that it is a multiple month charge. I feel kind of set up and duped.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please contact***@******.*** for concerns about your financial obligation to the site. Barking can elicit pain when preexisting inflammation exists within either the upper respiratory tract - a growth in the larynx or pharynx, for example - or lower respiratory tract - a pleuritis, for example, as well as when the neck is postured for barking. This posture can aggravate pre-existing inflammation in the cervical (neck) spinal canal when my patient suffers from degenerative disk disease. Her vet will need to perform a careful and thorough physical exam which might include anesthesia and visual exam of your dog's oropharynx (back of her throat), X-rays of both her upper and lower respiratory tracts as well as her cervical spine. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish. I have to leave my computer for a few hours but promise to reply as soon as I return if need be.